If you have your success story, do email me at alhanfee@ipsacademy.org for publishing here
STORIES OF GRASS ROOT INVENTORS ARE INVITED. Please email at hanfeesirji@ipsacademy.org

Friday, June 3, 2011

Akshay Laxman Sharma


In an introductive chat with  Akshay Laxman Sharma ( Assistant Director , Public Relation Officer , , Writer at Rajshri Productions)on Face Book,  he said my father is a Doctor and my mother is a housewife . Despite of being a doctor , my father promoted me to the extreme to be the best in magic ! My little sister became my assistant for the shows . My mother was the biggest moral booster one can imagine.
I  became interested in magic at the age of 4 when a cousin of mine showed me a trick with cups and balls and then taught me how to do it and i performed the cups and balls for the same cousin almost a year later on my 5th birthday . He was baffled with the level of perfection i had attained with almost a year of practice .
Later on , the next year , as i watched the big David Copperfield shows on TV , i got addicted to it ! I started buying magic items from fun fairs and put up magic shows in my living room for my friends from the building where we reside .
By the time i reached High School i had read almost every book on magic and had performed a for the first time a 1 hour show in Public - On Stage , at the age of 13 at a local Ganesh Festival .
3 years later i got a phone call from a TV channel (TV TODAY NETWORK) to make a half an our special on Magic for their channel . After that a chain of TV appearances happened for years and i started doing live shows for CORPORATES regularly
I asked for a message to youngsters he said “  if one wants to make a good career out of magic , then dont aim at MONEY initially . First try to be CREATIVE . Do something that no magician has never done before . Incorporate various other arts in ur presentation and the most important goal should be to make the whole presentation Extremely Entertaining ! “

2 comments: