If you have your success story, do email me at alhanfee@ipsacademy.org for publishing here
STORIES OF GRASS ROOT INVENTORS ARE INVITED. Please email at hanfeesirji@ipsacademy.org

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ashish Khatri - Study and the use Of Musa Paradisica


Study and the use Of   Musa Paradisica
My innovation
My innovation is about the “study and the use of Musa Paradisica (Banana Tree) fiber for making eco-friendly and cost effective products for mankind and there by create employments to rural and tribal people.
Impact on society
The textile industry is the second largest  Industry globally and the scope of employment is really big in this industry. Having Developed such a technology of developing From fibers, it will offer employment to a
Huge percentage of the Indian population. Banana plant is endowed with virtuous Fibers, which can be used to make good Apparels. Though, the plant is more popular For its fruit, it has been a source of high
Quality fiber which is used to manufacture Textiles. Waste materials extracted from banana Trees can also be a source of livelihood For the poor, rural and tribal population of The country.
The Spark
From childhood itself, I was interested in Science. Inventions always fascinated me and I did small works during that time itself. This invention was done by me when I was in 11th standard and I have a six year experience in this project. The idea of the invention came from “Garland Maker Women” and I started
working on it from 2005.
Your entrepreneurial journey
Understanding the importance of the Banana plant made me come up with such an idea. With the idea of doing something for the society, I started working on it for the past six years. For the last two years, I am
constantly trying to improve on this machine. In between, I faced many problems. No mechanic would have wasted their time to make a prototype of a single machine but I was still doing it. Firstly, I had made a
wooden model with the help of a carpenter but it was not working. But slowly people started recognizing my efforts and with an article being published on me faith was bestowed on me.
Association with TePP
I had asked for support from many firms but none came to help. Once I got to see an article on TePP in the local newspaper. The TUC Coordinator Dr. S.M. Mathur helped me and now my project stands up to the international level. Without their support my venture would not have attained the wings. The platform helped me a lot to realize my
dream.
Recognitions/awards
I have received a number of awards and prizes among which I am proud of being the recipient of the ‘Junior scientist of Rajasthan’, given by the former President, Dr. Kalam. I was also honored by the Government
of Rajasthan on Republic day in 2006. I also secured first position in the India International Rural Cultural Festival in the ‘Field of Science’ held by Ministry of Youth, India and also bagged the first position in
an exhibition organized by the Department of Science and Technology in 2006.
Future plans
To give employment to the people in need and to give some thing new to the textile industry. I have also started a society, MANN SOCIETY (Make Atmosphere Neat & Clean) and also a Chairman of BRO Banana Research Group.
Word of advice
I am totally inspired by our former President and his Vision-2020 like many others. My whole society team work is on his vision and I would advice new innovators to come and let us change the universe but maintain
the natural beauty of the universe.

Innovation philosophy
Make the universe creative, and save nature.

Source : From

Mr. Ashish Khatri
86-D, Block Hiran
Magri Sector No-14,
Udaipur Rajasthan- 313002
Mob- +91-9785757086

No comments:

Post a Comment