If you have your success story, do email me at alhanfee@ipsacademy.org for publishing here
STORIES OF GRASS ROOT INVENTORS ARE INVITED. Please email at hanfeesirji@ipsacademy.org

Friday, April 8, 2011

Mayank Walia - RRAT-Ramwal Reading Assistant Technology

Mayanak Walia - Inventions 

Know more about Mayank walia  at   http://www.mayankwalia.com/ 

1. RRAT "Ramwal Reading Assiistant Technology" for blind or low vision persons
Supportive technology for reading is fundamental to meet individual education / knowledge requirements (in India specially) and improved educational outcomes for those who have reading based learning disabilities, are blind or have low vision. In today's scenario, most of the assistive reading technology in use consists of scanner and PC's with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology, which is expensive, bulky equipment and has not satisfying output.

2. Robot For Disaster ManagementDuring rescue operations for fire situation, cooperation is a must. In general, the problem is not solvable by a single agent and a heterogeneous team that dynamically combines individual capabilities in order to solve the task is needed. This requirement is due to the structural diversity of fire areas, variety of evidence of human presence that sensors can perceive and to the necessity of quickly and reliably examining targeted regions. This project, as a part of special project for fire occurring situations aims to extend the existing robotics and human interface technologies and to establish a novel human - machine interacting structure to enable effective use of semi-autonomous robots in place of humans for searching survivals from rubble under human remote instructions. Collaboration and coordination of the human and robot intelligence and skills are to be developed from both hardware and software view points to make the result of this project contribute to improvement of the search technology, an important issue in the robot-assisted search and rescue activities. This project is all about making a robot which navigates around the fire areas and perform the rescue operations.

3. 3s Agriculture
I invented "3S (Safe Secure Systematic) System" for sprinkling agrochemicals into the crop fields at large scale. I worked on this project by considering key feature i.e. Making a structure for a long term investment always proved positive for the progress of a farmer. I investigated many villages around the city and collected merits and demerits of the methods of using traditional and modern sprinkling of agrochemicals. Main objective is to providing effective methods of uniform distribution of agrochemicals, providing a systematic methodology i.e. less time consuming technique, prevention of bad effects of agrochemicals on the health of farmers & to the environment.

About Mayank Walia                 

From my childhood I had been interested on scientific based projects. When my classmates use to spend their time on their fun & enjoyment, I tried to know the professional techniques and mechanism required by National / International projects.

I didn't even get any technical support from my community to complete my projects at the beginning stage. When I was enrolled to class 9, I had invented a working prototype of a "Robot for Disaster Management" in India. This project was highly appreciated in my school and shown my existence in the field of creativity knowledge. Then when I moved to grade 10 I started working for NASA by working on project named ADWITYA SPACE SETTLEMENT, in which my Guru Mr. Navdeep Sharma guided me a lot. I visited Orlando, USA and gain lots of knowledge regarding confidential space science industry of America, met with senior astronaut Winston Scott,NASA. Before the ending of grade 10 also worked on a project named UTSDC (University of Toronto Space Design Contest) with other few participants from my school and got 2nd rank internationally & achieved “Overall Best Display” award by University of Toronto, Canada. My company "Space Venture" was to be the first Indian company recognized by University of Toronto in this contest. This achievement made my recognition in space science field and got opportunity to study in Toronto with good scholarship. But that was not just the end, in my grade 11 I again started working on the same project UTSDC for year 2009 and this time got honored for "Outstanding Performance".

In grade 12, I come to know about a contest Ignite-10 by NIF (National innovation foundation) and I started registering my entries ignite 2010, out of my 9 entries, 6 of them were accepted which proves the uniqueness  and innovativeness of proposals given by me. Among 2254 innovations my invention "RRAT" (Ramwal Reading Assistant Technology) was selected under senior category & well appreciated by NIF and I was honored by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on 8th of November 2010 at IIM Ahmadabad. When I met with Prof. Anil K Gupta, Vice Chair NIF, I volunteered for being ambassador of Punjab, to observing the establishment of IGNITE 2011 contest by NIF.

NIF has filed a patent for this innovation in my name under Govt. of India Patent Dept. NIF taking complete charge of putting my technology into product form and then they will support it to commercialization to international markets.
So if any new upcoming innovators have any innovative ideas or scientific thinking then I can help them to get register for a national or international contest as suited by the potential of the volunteer, so that they can have a chance to get national recognitions and awards like me because right guidelines & right directions always benefits us.
Source : http://www.mayankwalia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment